BECAUSE OF YOUR GENEROSITY THROUGHOUT 2017, GRACE FELLOWSHIP IS ABLE TO…
- Put together 130 Christmas food baskets for the Pickerington Food Pantry.
- Purchase Christmas gifts for 200 children whose families are assisted by Lancaster Fairfield Action Agency.
- Provide laundry supplies to homeless youth that are supported by and assisted through Starhouse. This included 6,327 pods of laundry detergent and 6,720 dryer sheets.
- Purchase 210 bath towels and 600 wash clothes for homeless youth at Starhouse.
- Give $6,500 to furnish Lower Light’s addiction recovery housing.
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN…
We come into contact with many people day-to-day, whether it’s family, coworkers, mail carriers, or strangers at the store. During the Christmas season, take a few moments each day to think about how you are going to impact those you come into contact with during your typical day.
Want to do even more to support your community? Consider some of the ideas listed below..
This year, our full Christmas Eve offering will be given to impact our local and supported global communities as they strive to educate and equip families and children fighting drug addiction.
FUN IDEAS FOR YOU!
During the Christmas Season, we want to provide fun and creative ways for you and your family to participate in #GivingItBack. Check out the list below for ideas no matter your age or stage of life.
Need the direct contact information for our local ministry partners to arrange drop-off or ask questions? Click here for a listing of our local ministry partners. (Remember, NO drop-offs will happen at the church campuses this year.)
We’d love to see how you’re caring for your local community this season. Snap a photo, post it to social media, and be sure to include #GivingItBack and tag @yourgracechurch. We’ll pull various images throughout the week that we can share during our weekend services or social media!
College Students and Young Adults
- Pay for someone’s coffee
- Write Christmas cards for residents of nursing homes
- Purchase and distribute snacks for your university halls and dorm rooms during finals week
Single or Married
- Bring donuts to work
- Go thrifting (as a date-night or with friends) and purchase coats, hats, gloves, etc. for Canal Winchester Human Services, Lancaster Fairfield Community Action Agency, and Starhouse
- Have a new couple over for a home-cooked meal
- Make treats for your mail carrier
- Buy personal hygiene supplies for Starhouse
- Provide a meal to a single parent
- Donate knit baby booties, baby toys, etc. to Pregnancy Decision Health Center
- Buy breakfast at your local diner for a family
- Provide Drug Mart gift cards, meals, or presents for residents at a nursing home
More Ideas No matter your stage of life!
- Adopt a family- Salvation Army Provide gifts for a child through LFCAA
- Serve with your Grace Group, kids, or friends at a local organization
- Bake cookies for a neighbor, local firefighters, police, etc.
- Carryout random acts of kindness
- Donate a toy at a local fire station
- Make a blanket for a foster child (more details at www.mvob.org
- Provide needed items to a Homeless Shelter (click here to see The Homeless Families Foundation Amazon wishlist and ship items directly to them)
- Provide the gift of time and service to a family in need (shovel a sidewalk, complete a project, go grocery shopping for someone unable to, offer free childcare, etc)
- Provide a blanket to a terminally ill or traumatized child by participating in Project Linus
- Host dinner at your house for someone in your life that needs encouraged
- Donate to a cause that is meaningful to you
- Clean out a closet and donate items (coats, shoes, blankets, home items, etc)
- Donate your time to new or exhausted parents
- Provide a book for a child in need