Let Grace be a safe place for your student
We're honored and excited to have a new opportunity to support our schools, teachers, & parents this year!
Grace Fellowship is a church that is not just IN our communities, but we're FOR our communities. When COVID19 hit our nation, everyone was thrust into uncertainty, and we saw our schools get hit hard. Today, teachers and parents are trying to step into the unknown and continue with what they feel called to do…shape the lives of kids whether it’s their own children’s lives or the lives of children entrusted in their classrooms.
Here's what Grace is doing
Across our communities, school days look much different than we've ever known them to be. We also know that this presents a unique challenge to families, especially to those with single parents and working families where resources are limited.
To serve our local families, Grace is creating Remote Learning Centers across our campuses. These Remote Learning Centers will offer a safe, structured environment for students who are participating in virtual learning or have split schedules. Within these environments, Grace will help monitor classroom participation, provide age-appropriate activities, and much more.
Register your student
Remote Learning Centers will be launching on September 8 at each one of our campuses. They will be open Monday through Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm (Jefferson Campus open 8am to 4pm) and serving students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Grace's Remote Learning Centers will be available at any of our Campus locations, so choose the one closest to you:
- Pickerington Campus (1449 Refugee Rd) - *This location is FULL on WEDNESDAYS, however we still have room on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
- Jefferson Campus (3600 N Waggoner Rd) - *This location is FULL except for FRIDAYS. Space is still available for students needing the Center on Fridays.
To register your student, complete the application below, and someone will get back to you before September 1 with your next steps.
here's how you can help
As you can imagine, this is a big endeavor and will take many people to serve our communities and families well. Each Learning Center will have some staff members who will be onsite on a consistent basis to build relationships with students and families. These roles are seasonal and temporary - they will be a paid position for as long as our Learning Centers are open to the community. CLICK HERE FOR A POSITION DESCRIPTION.
Here is how you can help
Grace is taking a tremendous leap of faith as we create ways to help families through Remote Learning Centers. We don’t have all the answers yet, but we do need volunteers to partner with us. At this time, we're looking for volunteers to partner with us in some of the following ways:
- Administrative - prepare parent info packets, registration each morning, reception during the day
- Set Up/Tear Down - stack the chairs in the Main/Sanctuary on Sunday after church and then set them back up Friday or Saturday after the Centers close; set up tables and chairs in every room for learning
- Custodial - Cleaning at the end of each day in every building
- Student Helper - sit with kids, help them stay on task, explain directions, etc. (half or full days)
- Enrichment - 30-minute time slot throughout the week to lead an art or PE activity, monitor a recess period, teach the kids to sew or cook, or any other skill you may have
Click the button below to volunteer!
Do you have questions? Contact us at email@example.com