VOLUNTEER DETAILS FOR FEBRUARY 7:
***ONLY BUDDY POSITIONS REMAINING***
- - Night to Shine will take place at the Pickerington Campus (1449 Refugee Road) with the exception of The Respite Room. That is located at our extension campus, The Chapel (575 Diley Road).
- - Please remember that childcare for volunteers is not provided.
- Check-in for all volunteers and buddies, with the exception of The Respite Room volunteers, will take place in The Venue (located at the Pickerington Campus) at your designated time listed listed below. Volunteers in The Respite Room will report directly to The Chapel (575 Diley Road). Specific times are as follows:
- 4:00pm Arrivals: Buddy Support Team
- 4:15pm Arrivals: Guest Registration/Check-Out, Parking Team,
- 4:30pm Arrivals: Buddies, Glam Squad, Shoe Shine, Game Room, Sensory Room
- 5:00pm Arrivals: Guest Relations, Greeters/Coat Check, Flowers/Gifts, Paparazzi/Red Carpet, Food Service, Limo Team, Instax, Balloon, Shuttle Drivers, Respite Room Team, Respite Guest Relations, Respite Childcare
- Safety Services as assigned by Dan
- ALL VOLUNTEER MEETING AT 5:15pm in each campus Main
- - These volunteers should wear semi-formal or formal attire to help create a prom atmosphere. *Please dress in a manner that helps us keep the spotlight on our honored guest
- - Volunteers serving in the respite room, food service, and shoeshine areas should dress in black pants or skirt and a white shirt.
- - All other volunteers should wear a blue Grace Fellowship impact t-shirt.
***Remember that BOTH training and background checks must be completed by 2/1/2020. All volunteers are REQUIRED to complete the training even if you have served in the past***
QUESTIONS? EMAIL THE EVENT COORDINATOR - GRACEFELLOWSHIPNTS@GMAIL.COM
Q: I don’t remember what team I am signed up to serve on?
A: Email Seth or Brittney at email@example.com
Q: Where do I find the training videos because I can’t find the email?
Buddy Training Video - https://vimeo.com/384570048/
Buddy Training Slides - https://drive.google.com/
Volunteer Training Video - https://vimeo.com/384835763/
Volunteer Training Slides - https://drive.google.com/
Q: I was a part of Night to Shine last year, do I have to watch the training video and take the quiz?
A: Yes, there are different exciting functions this year we need you to know about!
Q: I submitted my background information but I haven’t heard back if I am good to go, what should I do?
A: No news is good news! If we need something from you after you submit the information, we will contact you!
Q: I remember seeing the email with the link to fill out the background check information, but I cannot remember where it was, what should I do?
Q: I can no longer serve, who should I contact?
A: just email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. Please do it sooner than later so we have time to replace you if we need to.
Q: I am a specially requested buddy and plan to arrive with my guest. The training video stated I needed to be there at 4:30pm but the guest registration starts at 5:45pm. What should I do?
A: This was something that we failed to address properly and we are sorry for the confusion. If you are arriving with your guest, you may arrive at 5:45 and tell the greeters in line that you are a special requested buddy and you are here with your guest. They will direct you to the appropriate check-in line with your guest where you can get your guest registered and yourself checked-in at the same time! You are welcome to arrive at 4:30 and check-in as long as you go and meet your guest at 5:45 outside in the parking lot and enter with them.
Q: I do not go to Grace Church and I have never been there before. In the training, I am suppose to go a place called the Venue. What is that and where is it located?
A: At the main campus on refugee road, there are two buildings. The main church is the biggest building. The venue is the smaller building to the right of the main church if you are looking at the front doors.
Q: You mention childcare, if I’m serving where do I take my child during this event so I can serve?
A: The childcare area is ONLY for guests of the respite room. If you are serving we do not and are not providing childcare during the event. You must make alternative arrangements.
Q: I am serving in the Respite room, do I need to check-in at the main campus first?
A: No, you will report directly to The Chapel (575 Diley Road) and check-in there.
Questions? Email the event coordinator - GraceFellowshipNTS@gmail.com