Preparing for Marriage
Grace Fellowship is committed to marriage as defined by scripture
and to equipping a couple to succeed in this sacred union.
Grace Fellowship views the agreement to perform a wedding ceremony as more of a partnership with a couple rather than a one-time event. Our responsibility in this partnership is to provide the tools for building a strong marriage and to give clear direction concerning the scriptural guidelines that God has established for marriage.
In light of this partnership, we have established a program that is designed to flex with your busy schedules and yet personally challenge each couple to carefully consider steps they need to take on a journey towards God’s desire to fuse two into one.
Request a Grace Fellowship Pastor
In order for a Grace Fellowship Pastor to perform a marriage ceremony, all seven of the below steps must be completed.
- You cannot schedule a pastor from Grace to perform your ceremony more than one year ahead of time, and you must request one no later than five months from your wedding date.
- If you are only looking for premarital counseling, we encourage you to complete steps 1 through 5 below!
- Read Grace Fellowship’s marriage requirements. If you have questions or concerns surrounding the requirements, email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting with one of our pastors.
Complete an Application. Select the button below for the campus you attend. If you do not attend Grace Fellowship, please select the Pickerington button.
Meet with a Pastor. During this meeting, you'll have an opportunity to share why you want to be married, and then one of our pastors will share and explain how and why we celebrate marriage at Grace Fellowship.
Once everything has been approved, this pastor will be your pastoral contact and wedding officiant.
Premarital Class and Coaching Process. After step three has been completed, you and your fiancé will need to sign up for our Premarital Class and complete a premarital assessment, which will be used during the coaching process and the class.
Premarital Coaching. During the coaching process, you will be paired with a trained, married couple from Grace Fellowship who will meet and coach you through 5 to 6 sessions.
Wedding Preparation. Meet with your officiating pastor at least one week prior to the wedding day to discuss your rehearsal and wedding ceremony.
Check out some additional resources to help you build a successful marriage
Check out a few additional resources that we believe will help you in your journey to establish a successful, Christ-centered marriage.
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts Devotional: 52 Meditations for Spiritual Intimacy
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before We Got Married
- You and Me Forever
- Should We Get Married? = Five Questions for Pre-Engagement
- Preparing for Marriage (Free eBook)
- Preparing for Marriage (Workbook)